That’s always the big question, right? As always, we encourage you to purchase from whichever outlet works best for you. We are just happy knowing that you have the chance to play this game. Garphill Games has never been about trying to use cheap marketing tricks to get people to open their wallets. Our focus has, and always will be, to design quality games that you can enjoy with your family and friends for years to come. So why back now? Here’s a few reasons why you might choose to back this campaign, rather than waiting for retail:
- Get the Wayfarers promo pack for free
- Receive your game before it becomes available in retail
- Buy from a trusted company with a proven track record for delivering projects on time
Wayfarers of the South Tigris is set during the height of the Abbasid Caliphate, circa 820 AD. As brave explorers, cartographers and astronomers, players set off from Baghdad to map the surrounding land, waterways, and heavens above. Players must carefully manage their caravan of workers and equipment, while reporting back regularly to journal their findings at the House of Wisdom. Will you succeed in impressing the Caliph, or lose your way and succumb to the wilderness?
- The unique mix of worker placement, dice placement and tableau building creates a fun, challenging, and highly-replayable gameplay
- Interesting decisions each turn as you begin to build your engine and forge your strategic path in the game
- 160 cards to build your tableau, most of each are unique
- Added player interaction from the new influence system, which you can expect to see more of in future South Trilogy titles
- Intuitive and easy to use solo mode, with 4 unique AIs to compete against
Aim of the Game
The aim of Wayfarers of the South Tigris is to be the player with the most victory points (VP) at the game’s end. Points are primarily gained by mapping the land, water, and sky. Players can also gain points from upgrading their caravans, by gaining inspiration from nobles, and by influencing the three guilds of science, trade and exploration. As they make discoveries, players will want to quickly journal their progress. The game ends once one player’s marker has reached the far right column of the journal track.
Total card count for sleeving (excluding promos) = 166 Cards @ 54 x 86mm
The box size is 295x295x69mm and features a custom PVC insert. It also supports sleeved cards.
For each copy of Wayfarers purchased, you will also receive a free set of the 9 promo cards pictured below:
Custom-build your pledge!
Both Wayfarers and the Metal Coin Set are available as individual add-ons. First, select which reward tier above best suits what you are after. From there you can add any number of add-ons in your chosen quantity. Kickstarter already adds the full shipping cost for your region automatically as well – so there’s no complicated equations or hidden costs to figure out.
Every add-on copy of Wayfarers will also come with a free set of promos.