Explore, Settle, Develop, Trade, Consume, or Produce? Which is most crucial? Who will be most successful at colonizing the galaxy? Your goal: to build the most prosperous space empire!
In Race for the Galaxy, players build galactic civilizations by playing game cards that represent worlds or technical and social developments.
Each round consists of 5 possible phases. Players may:
- Explore – acquire a limited amount of new cards
- Develop – build Development cards, which grant various powers and victory points
- Settle – build World cards, which potentially produce goods and grant victory points
- Produce – produce goods on their Worlds
- Consume – sell goods to acquire new cards and victory points.
Each round, players secretly choose one action card and then simultaneously reveal them. Action cards trigger corresponding phases. Only those triggered phases will take place that round.
The player who best manages his choice of phases, cards, and powers will build the greatest space empire. The player with the most victory points wins the Race for the Galaxy!
The revised Second Edition adds 6 new start worlds, 5 cards with small revisions, color-blind support, start world choice, and sample turns!
More Information: Link